Tuesday, March 31, 2009






We're engaged!!! I can't believe it's taken me SO long to post this. You can imagine the excitement of it all, and with work, school and starting to plan a wedding...not a lot of free time!

The story:


Paul asked me to be his wife on February 21st! It was absolutely perfect. Paul took me to a harbor around here (Freemasons Harbor...BEAUTIFUL!) with a restaurant on the harbor. The restaurant hadn't opened yet so we were walking around by the garden and the harbor for a little bit. He had given me a rose right after we got out of the car and I had been carrying it with me. We were standing staring at each other and just laughing when all of a sudden he asked me, "Are you sure you want to be with me forever?" Me: "Of course I do!"Paul then took my ring out of the rose (I couldn't believe I was carrying it around the entire time!!!) and said: "I have a question for you..."Then he got down on his knee and said, "Becky, will you marry me?"Obviously I said yes and he put the GORGEOUS ring on my finger and we were both really happy!!! Little did I know, he had another surprise for me when we got back to his house that evening. He pulled out his laptop and a slide show of our engagement was on there!! He had his brother be our secret photographer take pictures of the whole thing for us without me knowing! It was perfect!!! I love having those memories captured with pictures! So yay!! It's official! Just wanted to let everyone know! :-)


The picture of Paul and I is from right after I said YES and the others are of my BEAUTIFUL ring!! :-) Wedding planning is fun....only 5 months left...we're getting married September 5th and we can't wait! More details on the wedding to come....sooner this time, I promise!










3 comments:

  1. congratulations, Becky!!!!! I am soooo happy for you!! the pics are beautiful (your ring is intricate and gorgeous too!!). my wedding binder has become my 'second Bible' - hee hee. yes, maybe you could leave your phone # on a comment and i just wont post that comment. talk with you soon!! again, congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been waiting for this post to pop up!! Congrats, friend-I've-never-met! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Becky!! Your ring is stunning and I LOVE that Paul had his brother take pictures of the proposal! You will cherish those forever!

    ReplyDelete